As part of the Van Merksteijn Group, Intersig is one of the leading manufacturers of reinforcement steel worldwide. Day in day out, we aim for the most efficient work procedures and for offering our clients the best possible service and products.
The main strength of our business is, on the one hand, the short communication lines and the willingness to develop and improve continuously and, on the other, our employees who are crucially important. It is thanks to their enthusiasm and efforts that we are able to achieve the ambitions of our business.
In addition to quality, customer service and human capital, we also want to invest in sustainability, because at Intersig, we are convinced that all these factors can work together hand in glove. Indeed, as a business, we have a great social responsibility and we must care for humans and the environment. We achieve this, in Dendermonde, a/o by:
- Working under ISO14001 certificate with the ‘environment’ included as strategic item in our operational management
- Producing with 100% green energy
- Purchasing raw materials that consist as much as possible of recycled materials
- Sorting waste thoroughly
- Replacing large consumers with more energy-efficient alternatives (a/o lighting, propulsion systems,…)
- Electrifying the fleet of vehicles
- Recovering rainwater
But we also take this responsibility very seriously at group level, as shown in the video below.
In a world where the impact of climate change is more and more tangible, we are determined to help turn the tide!
More Than Wire.